Tuesday, 8 March 2011
Pollo alla cacciatora – Chicken cacciatora
1. Heat the olive oil in a roasting dish with a lid. Add the chicken and gently brown it.
2. Remove the chicken and add the vegetables, frying them until soft with the lid on.
3. Now add the wine on a high temperature to drive off the alcohol, and then the tomatoes and aromatics. Cook the sauce with the lid off until it is reduced and dense.
4. Replace the chicken and put the roasting dish in the oven at 170 degrees C with the lid on for 40 minutes.
5. Test to ensure that the chicken is cooked, then add the chopped parsley, season to taste and serve.