Once you’ve got the hang of the bavarois – bavarese in Italian – you can apply it to any fruit. I prefer to make them in small one portion ramekins.
Enough for 8
150g caster sugar
25g powdered gelatin
500g fresh strawberries, pureed
300ml double cream, whipped
150g fresh strawberries
1. Whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and pale.
2. Bring the milk to the boil in a saucepan.
3. Reserve half a cup of the milk, pour in the gelatine and stir it thoroughly to dissolve the powder.
4. Gradually add the milk to the egg mixture, whisking as you do it. Then whisk in the gelatine mixture.
5. Add the pureed strawberries and then carefully fold in the whipped cream.
6. Pour into the ramekins and refrigerate until set in about 2 hours.
8. Serve with fresh strawberries.