|Budino di riso con salsa mou - made in individual moulds to avoid excessive greadiness|
Dare I say that you can improve the method by boiling the rice in water until it is soft and most of the water has evaporated, then adding the rest of the ingredients? That way, the rice is less likely to stick to the bottom of the pan. Otherwise, you must watch it like a hawk.
for the rice pudding
1 lt whole milk
2 tbl rice for risotto
1 zest of a lemon
150 g sugar
50 g vanilla sugar
2 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
for the toffee sauce
150ml single cream
1. Boil the milk and add the rice, salt, lemon zest and the sugar.
2. Simmer carefully for about an hour until the rice is soft. Allow to cool.
3. Beat together the eggs and add to the rice mixture.
4. Tip into a buttered oven dish and place in a bain-marie half full of water.
5. Bake in a medium oven for about 2 hours until the top only just begins to brown.
6. Heat the sugar in a pan until it begins to caramelise. Remove from the heat.
7. Heat the cream in another pan. Slowly and carefully add to the sugar, combining the two with a wooden spoon.